20 Questions with Sarah Reynolds
Sarah Reynolds is a dancer with Netherlands Dance Theater 1 in The Hague, Netherlands.
1. What is your breakfast of choice?
“Espresso coffee and a stroop wafel.”
2. What is your pre-performance ritual?
“Hair, make-up, coffee, vitamin drink.”
3. Last passport stamp?
4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Where do you see dance in 10 years?
“I imagine I’ll have stopped dancing, and be half-way through a Master’s degree (I hope!) Dance is waiting for the ‘next big thing’ so I presume that’ll happen any time around then.”
5. What gives you inspiration?
“Seeing my colleagues work but also other artists’ work.”
6. What are your biggest vices or indulgences?
“All bad…coffee and other bad things. :(”
7. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your career?
“Knowing that it’s something I love, I still have moments of absolute zero self-confidence. The challenge is to pick myself up out of that and continue.”
8. If you hadn’t chosen this career, what might you be doing?
9. Favorite book?
“Too hard to choose…I’m trying to make it Exploring the Brain from the Open University, but I fear I may be deluding myself.”
10. What’s your favorite non-dance activity or hobby?
“I love to read social and political literature, but also Terry Pratchett.”
11. Pet peeves?
“People who pass you on the bike and then cycle JUST a little bit slower…grrrr.”
12. Where do/would you most like to travel?
13. What’s your idea of relaxation? What’s your idea of fun?
14. Do you get bored?
15. Are you more introverted or extroverted? Do you need long periods of time alone, or are you energized by interaction?
“I’m a bit of both…generally more introverted, but when I’m with a good group of people that I’m comfortable with I really enjoy it!”
16. What’s your average bedtime?
17. What’s something people would be surprised to know about you?
“I’m really left-sided…left-handed (even brushing teeth!) left-turner…everything.”
18. Where would you like to live long-term?
“I love Amsterdam!”
19. Last song you listened to on your ipod?
“Ani DiFranco – Manhole”