Enter your email to receive notifications of new posts.

Search
Write For Us
write for us

Ready, Set, DancePulp!

I am delighted to launch DancePulp today! My husband Josh and I have been talking about this for a few years, and last May we decided to go for it. We’re thrilled to finally be bringing it to life.

DancePulp has already evolved so much since its original conception last spring, and we anticipate more development to happen as we learn what the dance community is hungry for. The original idea was for DancePulp to be a subscription-based “how-to” website. Like I said, it’s already undergone transformation, even in its pre-launch phase. Along the way, I discovered that while “how-to” content might benefit some, what the dance community at large really needs is substance. And when we started interviewing dancers, choreographers, and directors from all different backgrounds, that’s exactly what came pouring out of their mouths on camera! This is when I really got excited about what we were doing.

Talking to the people I was interviewing energized my passion to create this website. These are people at the top of their game, wanting to be a part of this whole-heartedly, and getting earnestly enthusiastic about it. Needless to say, I scrapped the how-to idea, (although you never know what might pop up on our blog) and focused on the lives and stories of these individuals that make dance what it is today. And thanks to TenduTv and Hulu, we’ve dropped the subscription model and can now bring you this exclusive content for FREE! I am devoted to this website, and I truly want it to leave a mark in the dance community. My dream is that DancePulp will facilitate a renewed celebration of dancers, educate and inspire students, and give dance lovers a peek inside our world. I will be learning as I go, so your feedback will be helpful. Get involved! Please sign up to be a member and start interacting. Go get your DancePulp!

Thank you for your support. And thanks to all the wonderful dancers, choreographers, directors, teachers, and companies who helped make this possible!

Post by Drew Jacoby

Drew Jacoby, contemporary ballerina, has worked with Alonzo King, Complexions, Morphoses/The Wheeldon Company, Sylvie Guillem, Desmond Richardson, Lightfoot Leon, Mia Michaels, Dutch National Ballet, Lar Lubovitch, and Christopher Wheeldon. She is the founder of DancePulp. She joined Nederlands Dans Theater 1 in August 2012.

Comments (20)

1. Ashani Mfuko July 8, 2010 at 9:23 pm

This site is a wonderful and innovative idea Drew! I love the design, the videos (especially), and I’m excited to see your vision come to life! Congrats on the much awaited launch!! :) Signing up now….

2. Drew Jacoby July 8, 2010 at 9:37 pm

Thanks, Ashani! We’ll be refining it as we go, and we hope it just gets better and better. Thanks for signing up! Your support means a lot to us.

• Sally July 26, 2010 at 8:53 pm

Hi Drew

What a great idea to get this started. It looks like you’ve started with some very interesting work with some talented people!

Thanks for being instrumental in the wonderful world of dance!

3. Aunt Meg July 8, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Can’t wait to check you out at Jacob’s Pillow. Love love love the new site yo.

4. Ashani Mfuko July 8, 2010 at 9:49 pm

You’re welcome Drew! I love what you’re doing, and am very excited for what’s to come! :)

5. janet deyoung July 9, 2010 at 9:16 am

Very cool, Drew and Josh! Way to make something cool happen. Looking forward to seeing more.

6. Angela Sterling July 10, 2010 at 3:33 am

So very cool. So glad you did this!

7. Eva Yaa Asantewaa July 12, 2010 at 6:50 am

Hello, Drew, and congratulations on your new site! I’ve added it to my list on my blog, InfiniteBody (http://infinitebody.blogspot.com) and will also post an announcement.

Best wishes,

Eva Yaa Asantewaa

8. Jackie Zarr July 13, 2010 at 6:40 am

Impressive!! You two did a great job on this. Really interesting to hear the interviews.

9. Nichelle Strzepek July 14, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Hey guys! Just letting you know, I added you to the links at Dance Advantage (under education AND networks)!

Will be mentioning you in my career email blast this week too. Congrats on the launch! Looking forward to more great content.

10. David Ruess February 26, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Late comer to the site but I’m catching up. Thanks for exploring some of the dance world’s esoterica. Love the videos. Keep up the good energy!